As we age, everyday activities become more challenging – whether that’s preparing nutritious meals, bathing and dressing, cleaning the house or popping down to the shops.
This is where quality aged care services can help
It’s easy to take these activities completing for granted and we may not have thought through the logistical challenges until we notice an elderly loved one having difficulty.
There can be subtle signs that indicate your elderly parent’s quality of life is slipping as they struggle to complete everyday activities, for example:
- unopened mail may indicate their bills aren’t being paid on time
- a loss of interest in hobbies may be because these activities are becoming too difficult for them to participate in
- a deterioration in hygiene may show they’re having trouble with regular bathing, grooming and laundry
- an increase in take-away food containers or food going off in the fridge may be a sign that they’re struggling to prepare nutritious meals
- an increase in bumps, bruises and scrapes may indicate their physical coordination or eyesight aren’t what they used to be
- clutter, mess and untidy gardens or pets may signal they’re having difficulty staying on top of household chores
- bad or irritable moods could be a sign of their dissatisfaction in the deterioration in the quality of their living
How can at-home aged care services help your elderly parent?
If you have an elderly parent struggling with their daily routine, it might be time to consider options for at-home aged care. The great news is there are more options for personalised at-home aged care services than ever before so you can choose an option that provides as much or as little care as your loved one requires.
At-home aged care services can support your parents with a range of daily activities such as:
- cleaning and laundry
- bathing and toileting
- cooking and eating
- exercise and physiotherapy
- transport to medical appointments
Ultimately, at-home aged care can help your aging parent to continue enjoying safe, comfortable and independent living in their own home.
How to find the right aged care provider
At MAC Healthcare Services we specialise in high-quality contract health care services, including private at-home aged care services. We have registered, professional, compassionate aged carers available in Canberra and across Australia.
To find out more about how MAC Healthcare Services can support your loved one to continue enjoying a high-quality life in their own home, visit us at www.machealthcare.com.au or speak to someone directly on 1300 526 877.